Our mission is to serve our members to help them become more successful in their careers and get the satisfaction of helping out others. Our benefits continue to expand. Among the many ways we help members now include:
FLA is designed to complement other groups that our members are involved with. We encourage our members to become part of other worthy groups as well. We appreciate when our members likewise encourage peers from other groups to become part of FLA.
- Issues on the job- help from fellow members on challenges you face- your support group
- Knowledge about resources- help in finding services you need
- Networking-building relationships and reaching out to fellow members for contacts
- Updates in finance- keeping updated on current developments in finance
- Job search- help getting through the transition phase
- Recruiting- helping find qualified people, including staff reporting to members
- Promotion- keeping fellow members updated on what is new with you
- Special benefits- savings on events, resources and memberships in other groups
One such group is the Financial Executives International. This is an outstanding group that provides a wide range of value for financial executives far beyond the scope of FLA. Our FLA Executive Director, Jon Paul, has been an FEI member since 1992. As part of the member benefit of FLA, FLA members that meet the FEI qualifications can join FEI for the cost of the national and local dues, without having to pay any application fee. In addition, by joining FEI now you get a complimentary pass to their national conference in 2010. Note, those in transition or entrepreneurs may qualify for reduced dues. Check the FEI site for more information. If you join, mention that you are an FLA member to waive the application fee and get the national conference pass.
Financial Executives International